November 03, 2011

It's been a while...

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've updated here.  Some major life events hit right at the beginning of May and life has been a whirlwind since.  We had some horrible medical news that we were waiting for final confirmation on, only to never get a confirmation!  I wasn't really sure what to say about that and what should be said on-line about it.

In much better news we found out that we are expecting another baby girl!  We're all so excited to have another baby girl to love on and even more excited to see our two girls becoming sisters and friends for life. 

As of today I am 31 weeks pregnant and settling into my very first week of hospital bedrest.*WAH, SOB*.  In early October I had a never ending case of pneumonia.  Now that I'm finally over all of that I was diagnosed with the beginning stages of preeclampsia.  I did have the same condition during my pregnancy with Claire, only it came on as severe and not until 34 weeks.  My biggest goal right now is to stay pregnant for another 4 weeks or longer.  Those weeks make a huge difference!  I'm settling in the best I can, trying to strucuralize my days so that I don't die of boredome.  Of course, the worst part of this all for me is missing Claire.  I wanted to spend the last few weeks of my pregnancy with her and absorbing those last few days before she was a sister and not just an only child.  Life has other plans though and I'll do whatever I need just to make sure both of my children are safe and healthy!

For now this is the view from my room!

No comments:

Post a Comment